Are you an innovator impacting our world for the better? Whether you’re addressing skills development, sustainability or accessibility, we’re passionate about supporting your social venture with technology, connections and community to help your team thrive.
What is the Microsoft Global Social Entrepreneurship Program?
The Microsoft Global Social Entrepreneurship Program supports social impact startups with technology, connections and grants so you can focus on bringing your big vision to life and making the world a better place.
Once approved, you will be eligible for:
- Microsoft Philanthropies grants for select ventures innovating in skills development, sustainability and accessibility.
- Connect with large commercial, public sector and nongovernmental organizations as well as other startups in the social impact space.
Startups will also be extended membership into the premium offer from Microsoft for Startups which provides:
- Free access to Microsoft techologies including $120,000 USD of free Azure cloud and $1,000/month of GitHub Enterprise.
- Dedicated Go-To-Market resources to help startups sell alongside our global sales team and partner channel.
If you are an entrepreneur driving social impact with your business, we invite you to start by applying to the Microsoft for Startups program.
Please be sure to mention “Social Entrepreneurship” as your industry focus when prompted in the application. See below or contact us for more information.
FAQ Microsoft Global Social Entrepreneurship Program
We prioritize enterprise technology, or B2B startups who can best serve our customer base and will benefit most from the program. New member applicants are evaluated using the following criteria:
- Offering an innovative technical solution that supports customers in their digital transformation.
- Less than seven years in existence.
- Less than $25M in total annual revenue.
- Seed, Series A, B, or C stage (or validated equivalent).
- Social impact startups from around the world are welcome to apply.
- You should carry an internal business metric that addresses an important social and/or environmental challenge through your products, services, and operations.
- You should have a statement of ethics and/ or a policy of responsible AI for social impact that will generate trust from customers, partners, and the public for competitive differentiation.
- Priority selection will be for startups aligning with key Microsoft strategic initiatives - We offer qualified startups access to grants in the fields of sustainability, accessibility, and skills & employability.
- You should have an established product, service, or business model which is poised for further growth in multiple communities or countries.
- You must be engaged in the development of an owned (not licensed) software-based product or service that will form a core piece of your current or intended business.
- Your headquarters must be based in the countries covered by our Azure global infrastructure.
- Your funding information must be verifiable.
Global Social Entrepreneurship is a worldwide offering and we invite startups from across the world to apply, as long as your headquarters are based in one of the countries covered by our Azure global infrastructure (54 regions worldwide - available in 140 countries).
Absolutely, as long as they meet the listed criteria for the program.
A startup can only have one active grant. If a startup has already used a previously awarded grant, they’re free to apply.