Microsoft for Startups FAQ
What is Microsoft for Startups?
Designed to accelerate the growth of innovative cloud startups, Microsoft helps qualified startups to scale and grow with access to resources historically reserved for only top-tier partners.
What programs and services do I get with Microsoft for Startups?
Microsoft for Startups provides product, sales and technical benefits to help accelerate the growth of your startup. To learn more about the benefits you qualify for, please visit startups.microsoft.com.
How do I qualify for Microsoft for Startups program?
Microsoft works with select accelerators, incubators and VCs to offer these exclusive benefits to eligible startups who are looking to scale their businesses. To be considered for selection, startups must also meet the minimum following criteria:
- Be actively engaged in development of a software-based product or service that will form a core piece of its current or intended business - this software must be owned, not licensed, by the Startup.
- Operate as a privately held company (the company must not be publicly traded).
- Operate its own public website on their own domain.
- Provide a contact email address on its own domain.
- Be a for-profit entity. Non-profit entities should visit Microsoft Philanthropies to learn about additional technology access options.
- Be in business for less than 5 years.
- Have less than $1 million USD in annual revenue.
What happened to BizSpark?
As of February 14, 2018, we will no longer be accepting applications for the BizSpark program. Startups that are interested in getting started with Azure can access cloud credits here.