Microsoft for Startups FAQ
What is the Microsoft for Startups program?
Microsoft for Startups is a unique program designed to accelerate growth-stage startups who have a product in market (Seed and Series A) who work with enterprise customers. In addition to technology access, the program provides dedicated resources to prepare startup marketing and sales teams to effectively sell with Microsoft’s global sales organization and partner ecosystem.
What are the guidelines for this program?
The Microsoft for Startups program is designed for startups with a profile similar to the below:
- Less than five years in existence.
- Startups must be Seed or Series A, or equivalent phase of development.
- Up to $20M in funding.
- Less than $10M in total annual revenue.
- Innovative, technical solution unique in the market with a B2B focus that will benefit from access to enterprise customers.
Additionally, all applicants must match the following requirements:
- You must be engaged in development of a software-based product or service that will form a core piece of you current or intended business - this software must be owned, not licensed.
- You cannot have received more than $10,000 of free Azure cloud in the past.
- Your headquarters must reside in the countries covered by our Azure global infrastructure.
- You must be a privately held company.
- You must operate a public website on your own domain.
- Your contact email address domain must match your public website.
- Your funding information must be verifiable.
What benefits will I get as part of the program?
Through the Microsoft for Startups program, qualified startups receive up to $120,000 of Azure credits for up to 2 years, as well as free access to several other products such as Office 365 Business Premium, Visual Studio Enterprise Cloud and enterprise-level support.
How can I apply?
Microsoft works with select accelerators, incubators, VCs and other startup enabling organizations to offer these exclusive benefits. If you are a currently active with one of our referral organizations, please enquire with them to determine if you qualify. If you are seeking this offer, but are not affiliated with any of our organizations, you can simply apply here.
How long will it take for my application to be processed?
We will contact you within 5-10 business days of submission.
I’m a consultancy or small business. Can I apply for this program?
Microsoft for Startups is designed to help companies that are focused on growth, so it’s less applicable for consultancies and small businesses. If you are a small business or consultancy you can get started with a free trial.
I previously received technology through the BizSpark Plus program. Can I apply for the Microsoft for Startups program?
If you have already received or are receiving free Azure through the BizSpark Plus program you are ineligible for the Microsoft for Startups program.
I’m a startup enabling organization. How can I enable this program for the startups I work with?
Please send an email to the following alias: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happened to BizSpark and BizSpark Plus?
As of February 2018, we are no longer accepting applications for BizSpark or BizSpark Plus, and if you believe you fit the profile, we encourage you to apply to the new Microsoft for Startups program. Please note that any startup currently enrolled in BizSpark or BizSpark Plus will be able to access their benefits for the balance of the time outlined at the outset of their membership. For more information, don’t hesitate to contact us: BizSpark Plus Support / BizSpark Support.
I have a question that’s not covered here. How can I get help?
Feel free to reach out to our team through the following alias: email@example.com.