Apply Now: London Accelerator Opens Applications for Tech Companies Ready to Scale Up
Dare to scale up like never before with Microsoft Accelerator London in October 2016.
Microsoft Accelerator London is an intensive 4-month program that enables entrepreneurs to bring new technologies to the global market. Our capacity to work with big corporations as well as emerging tech companies creates a unique win-win situation that helps us to create sustainable global businesses. In fact, as corporations must continue innovating, often the solution is to work with startups that have the capability to be agile and bring crucial innovation for business growth. Startups can even be seen as the external R&D department of corporations. The big issue for growth companies managing the strategy in order to follow a vision, as well as handling operational excellence to compete in a disruptive environment and deliver real, affordable products/services. Microsoft Accelerator’s vision is to internationalize European businesses via strategic partners and global client introductions.
London is gowing faster than ever and capital is flowing more than anywhere else in Europe. According to Hoxton Ventures, it’s easier than ever to raise a Series A and London offers Europe’s best and most diverse workforce. Plus, the British tax man is dealing with start-ups more intelligently.
Microsoft Accelerator London is leveraging its global network at every layer of the technology ecosystem to ensure good public relations and that European deal flow is providing the most talented people from all over the world the opportunity to scale up via the most trusted market pipelines. As an example, Berlin tech company and Microsoft Accelerator alum, Flockpit, has created strong relationships with media outlets like Forbes and has achieved unprecedented traction after showcasing at the famous Pitch Day in London, which was streamed live on TechCrunch. See more startup pitches on our YouTube Channel.
We look for emerging B2B and B2C businesses meeting the following criteria:
- A great team ready to scale
- Onsite CEO/CTO in our free working space for 16 weeks
- A working product/service using cloud-based technologies (industry and cloud agnostic)
- Some demonstrable traction/clients
- Financial capacity to raise a Series A round (£1.5m to £5m)
- Capacity to define a “How Microsoft Accelerator Can Help Me to Scale Up” plan
- Preparing to be Enterprise-Ready
We do apologise in advance for possible delays in responding to your questions as we receive hundreds of applications for each cohort. Please ensure you visit our FAQ as your questions may already be addressed there. Further, you can learn more by watching our video covering the benefits of the UK programme.
If you are one of the few selected to join Microsoft Accelerator London, you will be offered the following:
- A zero-equity programme
- Free London office space
- 1:1 mentorshipand support tailored to your needs
- Cutting-edge curriculum with workshops run by experts on go-to-market strategy, fundraising strategy and methodology, finance, IP law, and marketing
- Introduction to a network of successful entrepreneurs
- BizSpark Plus, which provides $500 000 of open source-friendly Azure cloud credits and free software to scale up seamlessly
- Access to the Microsoft ecosystemand the investor community
We will be accepting applications from emerging tech companies during the period of May 1st through July 31st, 2016 for our autumn cohort. We encourage you to follow us on Twitter for updates about relevant events, deadline reminders, and the selection process.