You’re here to do great things. We’re here to help.
Whether you’re looking to build your first application, land your first customer or scale to a million users, we’re here to help. From technical resources and free cloud to selling alongside Microsoft salespeople and partner channel, we're invested in your success.
Built on trust
Here's our partner promise. We respect your confidential information - so you can innovate with confidence and operate with freedom on our cloud. Simply put, we want to be your most trusted technology partner. Regardless of size, stage, location or any open source platform you choose to create your solutions from - you're changing the world and we want to empower you.
As a part of Microsoft for Startups, we have access to leading-edge AI technology and deep, well-connected account teams. This support helped us win a strategically important deal worth $2.6 million.
Collaboration with Microsoft has helped us win over 15 accounts, leading to over $300% annual growth in our business. The Go-to-Market support that Microsoft provides startups is the secret sauce to our growth.
By working with Microsoft, we’ve gained market access to sell our product to a diverse client base. AWS and Google never gave us that.
You build the next big thing, we'll help you scale
Let us help you open doors across the globe. Leverage our cloud marketplace, our enterprise sales team, and rapidly growing partner ecosystem to reach customers globally.
Here are just a few of the ways we help startups:
- Digital and social campaigns to promote your solution at launch
- A dedicated Success Manager to unlock the right opportunities for your business
- A customized Go-To-Market plan to maximize joint marketing with Microsoft
- Targeted industry co-marketing and account planning
- A worldwide enterprise sales force paid to sell your solutions into their accounts
Sound good? Let's get started
Tap in to resources to develop or migrate your solution, get it in front of customers, and scale your business.
Free and available to all Startups
Sign up for a free Azure account:
- 12 months of free services
- $200 credit for any service for 30 days
- 25 always free services
Azure learning paths for today's developer
Microsoft Docs for quickstarts, API references, and code samples
Open source code editing with Visual Studio Code
On-demand assistance from Devchat
Engage with our technical developer and partner community
Join the Microsoft Partner Network for a multitude of resources:
- Build a marketing plan, pick a licensing model
- Access pre-built campaign assets to raise awareness
- Create a profile and get leads via Partner Referral Engine
Publish in our cloud marketplace:
- Reach customers via Azure Marketplace and AppSource
- Social promotion of your application at publishing
- Track offers and leads generated in the Cloud Partner Portal
Engage with business-focused partner community
Connect with and sell through other partners
Joint selling benefits with Microsoft sellers are a premium benefit for qualified startups.
Available for qualified Startups
Microsoft technology to help your bottom line:
- Up to $120k of free Azure cloud for two years
- Visual Studio Enterprise cloud subscription
- Office 365 Business Premium
- Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement and Talent
- Enterprise grade Azure support
Access to engineers:
- NDA roadmap briefings
- 1:1 consultations
- Architectural Design Sessions
- 1:few coding events
Tools and resources to accelerate your Go-To-Market:
- Customized 6-month Go-To-Market plan
- Dedicated marketplace onboarding support desk
- Marketplace listing optimization
- Blog, evidence, event promotion
- Joint marketing and demand generation campaign
- Industry-focused campaigns and joint engagement
- Access to additional premium Go-To-Market services
A guided joint sales experience that includes:
- A dedicated success manager
- Bi-directional lead sharing with our sales teams
- Targeted account planning
- Facilitated introductions to reseller and services partners
- International market expansion assistance
- A worldwide network of Microsoft sellers paid to sell your solution into their enterprise accounts
More information on these premium benefits (PDF link)
How do I apply for the qualified offer?
Some guidelines to keep in mind
We prioritize early stage B2B startups who can best serve our customer base. So we look for startups with the following profile:
- Offer an innovative, technical solution that supports customers in their digital transformation
- Less than five years in existence
- Less than $10M in total annual revenue
- Seed or Series A, or equivalent phase of development
- Up to $20M in funding
Now let's get started
Microsoft works with select accelerators, incubators, VCs and other startup-enabling organizations to offer this program. If you are currently active with one of these organizations, please enquire directly with them to see if you qualify. If you are not active with one of these organizations, we invite you to apply here. For any other questions, see our FAQ or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply
Here's what other startups have to say
Eagle Genomics now sells together with Microsoft—a relationship that we comfortably expect to double our revenue in the current financial year.
During its lifetime as a startup, Lavelle Networks has used both Amazon Web Services and Azure, but we’re shifting more and more to Azure. Most of the customers we work with … deeply trust the Microsoft brand.
Microsoft has an enterprise-ready sales team and a great reputation among the type of customers we pursue—and we’ve found it more partner-friendly than Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Please refer to the following:
- You must be engaged in development of a software-based product or service that will form a core piece of you current or intended business - this software must be owned, not licensed.
- You cannot have received more than $10,000 of free Azure in the past.
- Your headquarters must reside in the countries covered by our Azure global infrastructure.
- You must be a privately held company.
- You must operate a public website on your own domain.
- Your contact email address domain must match your public website.
- Your funding information must be verifiable.
We will contact you within 5-10 business days of submission.
The qualified offer is designed to help companies that are focused on growth, so it’s less applicable for consultancies and small businesses. If you are a small business or consultancy you can get started with a free trial.
Please send an email to the following alias: email@example.com.
As of February 2018, we are no longer accepting applications for the BizSpark or BizSpark Plus programs. We are accepting applications for the Microsoft for Startups program and any startup currently enrolled in BizSpark or BizSpark Plus will be able to access their benefits for the balance of the time outlined at the outset of their membership. If you were, or are, a member of BizSpark and you fit the guidelines for Microsoft for Startups’ new qualified offers, we invite you to apply. For additional questions and support resources, please feel free to contact us: BizSpark Plus Support / BizSpark Support.
As a BizSpark Plus Member, you may be eligible for the Microsoft for Startups’ Go-To-Market benefits, however you are ineligible for additional free product offers, including Azure and Office 365.
Feel free to reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.