Microsoft for Startups
Your partner in startup success.
Microsoft for Startups is a global program providing technology and business support designed to help B2B startups quickly scale.
As a part of Microsoft for Startups, we have access to leading-edge AI technology and deep, well-connected account teams. This support helped us win a strategically important deal worth $2.6 million.
Vlismas: Vice President of Marketing, Wysdom.AI
We have seen a fourfold increase in revenue for Epirus since we moved into Azure Marketplace, and it's become a fundamental part of our sales and distribution.
Conor Svensson: CEO and Founder Web3 Labs
Collaboration with Microsoft has helped us win over 15 accounts, leading to over 300% annual growth in our business. The Go-to-Market support that Microsoft provides startups is the secret sauce to our growth.
Sunny Neogi, Chief Growth Officer, KenSci
By working with Microsoft, we’ve gained market access to sell our product to a diverse client base. AWS and Google never gave us that.
Frédéric Plais: CEO Platform.sh
Unlock exponential value for your startup team
Leverage Microsoft’s commercial marketplaces, our enterprise sales team, and ever-expanding partner ecosystem to reach key global customers.
Here are just a few ways our program members receive support:
- A dedicated Startup Engagement Manager to unlock the right opportunities for your venture.
- A customized Go-To-Market plan to maximize joint marketing and special events with Microsoft.
- 24x7 technical support.
- A worldwide enterprise sales force paid to connect your solutions to their accounts.
Sound good? Let's get started
Tap into resources to develop or migrate your solution, get it in front of customers, and scale your business.
|Trial||Microsoft for Startups|
|Designed for||Individuals: Ideation||Funded: Product Market Fit|
Some helpful guidelines
We prioritize enterprise technology, or B2B, startups who can best serve our customer base and will benefit most from the program. New member applicants are evaluated using the following criteria:
- Offering an innovative technical solution that supports customers in their digital transformation
- Less than seven years in existence
- Less than $25M in total annual revenue
- Seed, Series A, B, or C stage (or validated equivalent)
How do I apply?
Microsoft for Startups works with select accelerators and VCs to support startups and startup ecosystems world-wide. If you are a funded startup interested in applying to the program, ask your startup-enabling organization for the Microsoft for Startups package sign-up details unique to your organization.
Here's what other startups have to say
Eagle Genomics now sells together with Microsoft—a relationship that we comfortably expect to double our revenue in the current financial year.
Anthony Finbow: Chief Executive Officer, Eagle Genomics
During its lifetime as a startup, Lavelle Networks has used both Amazon Web Services and Azure, but we’re shifting more and more to Azure. Most of the customers we work with … deeply trust the Microsoft brand.
Shyamal Kumar: Founder and CEO, Lavelle Networks
Microsoft has an enterprise-ready sales team and a great reputation among the type of customers we pursue—and we’ve found it more partner-friendly than Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Jobi George: Vice President, Business Development, StreamSets
Frequently asked questions about Azure and Startups
Yes. Please refer to the following:
- You must be engaged in development of a software-based product or service that will form a core piece of you current or intended business - this software must be owned, not licensed.
- You cannot have received more than $10,000 of free Azure in the past.
- Your headquarters must reside in the countries covered by our Azure global infrastructure.
- You must be a privately held company.
- You must operate a public website on your own domain.
- Your contact email address domain must match your public website.
- Your funding information must be verifiable.
We will contact you within 5-10 business days of submission.
The qualified offer is designed to help companies that are focused on growth, so it’s less applicable for consultancies and small businesses. If you are a small business or consultancy you can get started with a free trial.
Please contact us via the following form.